Self-managed super funds (SMSFs) can be a great way to provide for your retirement. Once you have decided to establish your own fund, it is important that you are aware of your responsibilities and obligations as a trustee.
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO), as regulator of SMSFs, is responsible for helping to protect the retirement income system by ensuring that SMSFs follow the rules outlined in the super and tax legislation. Self Managed Super Funds involve added responsibility and extensive skills in both legal and financial matters. This also requires a great deal of planning and research to manage super investments properly. As a result of this specialised nature of Self Managed Superfunds, we spend time with our clients making sure they understand all the relevant aspects of a superfund as well as their responsibilities. The financial benefits to owners of this structure are vast and we make sure they benefit to the maximum.
Accolade Accounting has great experience in Self Managed Super Funds in Perth. We provide in-depth Accounting and Taxation advice, helping businesses and individuals come up with an overall strategy to achieve maximum benefit. We put plans into action, making sure to get things done in the most convenient ways possible.
Our comprehensive Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) Services include –
• Facilitating the process to set up a new fund
• Processing transactions through the fund’s bank account/s
• Preparation of annual financial statements
• Preparation of annual member statements
• Preparation of trustee minutes as required
• Preparation and lodgement of the income tax and regulatory return
• Liaising with the auditor to arrange the audit of the annual financial statements
• Preparation and lodgement of Business Activity Statements or Instalment Activity Statements as required
• Arranging for pension payments to be made on a regular basis
• Preparation and lodgement of annual PAYG Payment Summary Statement and PAYG Payment Summaries for funds with pensions
• Facilitating actuarial certification where required
• Registration for GST or PAYG with the Australian Taxation Office as required
• Facilitating the process of winding up an existing fund
Contact us for a free discussion about the benefits of a Self Managed Superfund.